After graduating from my former employer Traveloka, my friends always said, “it’ll be easy to get your next job”, “all companies will look for you!”, “ex-unicorn status on CV will help you”, which I always replied casually, “amen/thanks/I wish so too”, as I considered that as a wish or prayer for me.
When I started my quest to find my next employer (aka job hunting), deep down in my heart I was expecting to prove that true. To prove that it would be easy to land my next job, since I had quite some experience in an Indonesian unicorn startup (5.5 years) out of my 10+ years of working experience.
Boy, I was wrong, it still took me 3 months, with a total process of 36 companies (in various stages) to land my next job.
This post will bring you to my 3 months story of finding my next job after Traveloka. I wrote this as the form of gratefulness, because finally I’m being employed again.
Ultimately, I hope this experience will help you, job hunters, in finding who you are and finding the company that fits you. This article is intended for those who are in the technology industry like I am, but I hope it’s relevant for other industries as well.
I’m going to share my story of:
- How I found out what I want to do (the role I want to be)
- How to make strong profile at the CV
- How to increase the possibilities to land to the first interview
- How do I know that I didn’t make it in one company and move on easily
- How I finally had to change my job hunting strategy because no company wants me
- What make a company is a great employers
Read on & cheers! Baca lebih lanjut